Monday, July 7, 2008

First Steps and a few others

Well as you can already see..I didn't get the pics up from the beach. Mary Joyce has been keeping me busy. But I do have some wonderful news! She has taken her First steps!! Saturday, Aaron and I were playing with her on the bed and she was holding onto the headboard. She looked at the pillow and then took two steps toward the pillow before falling down. I was thinking hmm...I must be seeing things.

Aaron went to work later that evening and so the baby and I packed up and went to Grandmothers for a little visit. She was holding onto the couch and my mom held out her arms for her to come to her and she took two steps again! She wouldn't do it for the rest of the night, but at least I have witnesses this time!!

Aaron was disappointed he didnt' see this, but yesturday she took one step for him also. She isn't taking off or anything, but it is the start!! Soon my little munchkin will be running around our little house and terrorizing me.

One more first for my angel. She bit me yesturday. Not just a nip she clamped down this time. She was laying across my chest and I was patting her diaper so she would go to sleep. She was chewing on my shirt because she is teething. Well she found the underside of my arm and CHOMP.....I had to fight the reflex of doing everything possible to get her off my arm, and laid her down in my lap as I yelled OUCH!! She laughed. I am serious. She started laughing at my pain. If this laughing keeps up I might have to do somethign about it because this morning there is a bruise where she bit me. My little angel is turning into a vampire.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th! Ours was awesome because not only did we get to spend time with family but we got to go to the river! Mary Joyce was a little fussy at first because she didn't like her life vest, but then after a bit she went to sleep. When she woke up, she and I got at the back of the boat and watched the water as aaron made some waves for his aunt to jump on her seadool :) All around it was an eventful weekend!!

No comments: