Monday, September 29, 2008

Mary Joyce is 1!!!



Well, today is Mary Joyce's Birthday. I have mixed feelings about this. I'm happy that she is flourishing into the sweet and very active young girl, but at the same time I'm heartbroken that she's becoming a toddler. It seems like everyday she has something new for me. I do love the fact that she will come running to me now and give me a great big hug and kiss.


She has started mimicking words. You say to her "Mary Joyce" and it sounds like she will say "Joyce" back at you. It maybe more like "Oyce" but you get the pic. She can also say ROLL TIDE. OK again, I say "Roll Tide" and she will come back with "OOO III" so we know exactly what she is saying. And shei s fanatic about dogs. Anytime she sees a dog she will yell "DOG" and point and keep on yellinguntil A) The dog is gone or B) you take her to see the dog. Do not set her down or she will freak out on you, but she still loves dogs :)


I still want to think back on what I was doing last year at this time. I had just received my first dose of pain meds and was drifting off to sleep. My labor was long and hard, but ohh so worth it. I now can't imagine my life without my angel, and beleive that she makes me a better person, so if you see Mary Joyce today wish her a wonderful Happy Birthday!!!

No comments: